Saturday, February 19, 2022

GENESIS 28:16, When God intervene



Genesis 28:16
Surely, the Lord is in this place and I did not know it.

This verse reminds me of how God works from the background of our lives.
And we are not always aware of it.

The busyness of this world - the demands of it, the lure of wealth, fame, and power - all these things have shifted our focus and distracted us from the One who truly deserves the credit.

Yet not knowing doesn't equally mean that it is not happening. 

We are in a time where anxiousness, worries, stress, and fear are greater.
We are all scared to meet this virus called Covid 19 yet ultimately it is only God who can hide us from this.

So, If we haven't gotten that Covid, then it's God who is keeping us from it.
And If we have survived that Covid, then it's still Him who has saved us from it.

Behind every victory, every healing, every relief, every okay - It was God who helped us to get through it.

I remember one time when I was so frustrated with my breastmilk production because my baby can't get enough milk supply at that time.
He's crying all the time I was nursing him.
His poops were dry like tiny rocks.
His pee was light reddish and he reached 38+ deg C temperature.
So I broke down one night in our bathroom crying to the Lord to send us some help.
I was so disappointed with myself.
I pitied my baby.

It was Friday night.
I birth my baby Tuesday and went home on Thursday. 
Saturday came - and that's when God intervened.

1st, He sent our two moms to help us and take care of us. Truly, mother knows best.

2nd, I received a message from a friend telling me that she remembered me and would like to send us some Malunggay leaves - which she did with also some fruits with it.

3rd, another friend of mine called me telling me that they will send some gifts to my baby plus I got the chance to share with her the stress I was going through at that time.
And through her, I met a mom who also went through the same sentiments as mine.

These people brought strength and encouragement to me that day.
It's like Friday night I was crying and came Saturday morning - we were rescued.

Help didn't end that day.
One relative also sends me lactation treats!
Indeed, the Lord's help doesn't just make you okay - it also makes you happy. 

Yes, we asked for our moms to come but that friend who gave us Malunggay leaves and fruits, the unexpected call with a gift, that person who gave me advice knowing that I was not the only one who is struggling with breastfeeding and that lactation treats - Those, we did not.

Perhaps it is God - no! it is really God.

If we put it in the Bible times - maybe, the Lord has also sent His angels to them in a dream or in a vision.
Like the stories of king Abimelech to Abraham, Laban to Jacob, King Balak to the Israelites, and Joseph to Mary. 

1. ABIMELECH TO ABRAHAM 
When Abraham lied about his wife Sarah out of his fear of king Abimelech.
The Lord saved Abraham and Sarah by appearing to Abimelech in a dream and they were freed.

Genesis 20:3
But God came to Abimelech in a dream of the night and said to him, "Behold, you are a deadman because of the woman whom you have taken, for she is married.

2. LABAN TO JACOB
Jacob was fleeing from his uncle Laban but Laban was planning to pursue him.
And so the Lord came to Laban in a dream one night telling him not to go against Jacob.

Genesis 22:12
God came to Laban the Aramean in a dream of the night and said to him, "Be careful that you do not speak to Jacob either good or bad."

3. KING BALAK TO ISRAELITES 
King Balak attempted to curse the Israelites out of fear that they might also be defeated and conquered.
So he asked Balaam to curse these people but God came to the rescue.
He told Balaam to tell nothing but just blessing to them.

Numbers 22:20
That night God came to Balaam and told him, “Since these men have come for you, get up and go with them. But do only what I tell you to do.”


4. JOSEPH TO MARY
Joseph planned to back out marrying Mary for she was found pregnant.
So the Lord intervene by sending angel Gabriel to him explaining that Mary was conceived by the Holy Spirit and not by any other man.

Matthew 1:20
As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. “Joseph, son of David,” the angel said, “do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit.

All these stories tell us that if God is for us then who can be against us (Romans 8:31).

Like Abraham, He can rescue us even if we have already made some bad decisions, big or small.
And even if our past is not good like Jacob's, He does not count it as a basis to whether He will help us or not.

God is so gracious that He will even prevent something to happen just to protect us like when He preserved the Israelites from a battle they didn't even know was coming, from a storm they didn't even know was raging.

Lastly, God will fight for us while we keep silent (Exodus 14:14).
He can defend us while we cannot speak for ourselves like Mary.

God can use many things - His people and even angels to rescue us.
After all, Bible tells us that angels were ministering spirits sent to God's people (Hebrews 1:14).
And indeed, with God, nothing is impossible (Luke 1:37).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Sam! Love the story and as a mom, I also experienced this. Mas marami ka pang maeexperience, and grateful that the Lord is with us always! God bless your breastfeeding journey. Kiss and hugs to baby Rapha ������

    ReplyDelete

@calligrafreeze

Follow Me

My Instagram