Saturday, October 19, 2019

DEUTERONOMY 12:4-6: That place of worship


"Do not worship the LORD your God in the way these pagan peoples worship their gods. 
Rather, you must seek the LORD your God at the place of worship he himself will choose...the place where his name will be honored.
There you will bring your burnt offerings, your sacrifices, your tithes..."
- Deuteronomy 12:4-6 (NLT)

If it's me alone,
I don't think I will be here.
I'm not sure if I will stay here.
But one thing I know - He is the one who chooses where to establish His name, where to celebrate it and where to glorify it.
He chooses where to give Him offerings and sacrifices.
And for my case - He brought me here.

I was saying to the Lord since He is everywhere, I can serve Him anywhere - anywhere but not here at my workplace anymore.
I was asking Him to allow me to leave my job.

I quoted Deuteronomy 12:4-6 yet the Lord kept repeating at me to serve Him wherever He has put me.
15 times from Deuteronomy 12 to 16, the Lord has impressed on my heart that He chooses the place where I am right now for me to serve Him.

Pagan peoples worship their god the way they wanted but not us.
We worship Him the way He wanted.

Maybe you are asking how did I know that He wanted me to serve here at my current workplace.

All throughout my journey at work, the Lord has been so faithful to me.

Looking back, it all began with personally meeting Him here where I am right now.
This is the place where He founds me.

He even moved my workplace from Makati City to Quezon City where I am living until now.
If you know the map you will see that they are opposite and far from each other.
So maybe if he did not move our office I cannot stay longer because traveling has been so challenging in Metro Manila - yet the Lord has given me less stress for this.

Next, this is where I have started serving Him through discipleship and ministry.
He has given me women to disciple both inside and outside the office.
We usually meet at a mall in front of our building.
He then changed my work-schedule which made discipleship easier.
The Lord opens as well a satellite branch in front of us - and the singles ministry called for volunteers.
He knew I was planning to volunteer at our main church however, it's hard for me to travel there every Friday since it's out of the way.
Serving the Lord through discipleship groups and singles ministry made me worried as my parents don't want me to stay late outside but God granted me a favor in their eyes.

Lastly, God has made my workplace enduring by giving me people whom I can share my struggles with and be encouraged.
Truly it is more fun to walk with the Lord with someone who pursues the Lord from a pure heart.

I didn't realize all these things at first.
They didn't happen in an instant for it took years of God's faithfulness and patience.

It was not easy for me to obey Him for I cannot fully understand what He is doing.
I just hold to this thought that isn't it a blessing for me that there is no other reason aside from Him why I stay here?
Not the people, not the earnings nor my position. It is only Him who holds me here - my portion, my reward.

I can still choose to leave this place and be a better servant for my next workplace but I won't have peace if I'll do it because I believe that the Lord wants my obedience more than my sacrifices.

The Bible says in Romans 14:23 (NASB),
If you have doubts, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your own convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, it is sinning.


2 comments:

  1. Hi ate Sam, thank you for sharing this.

    Unlike you, God chose me to travel from Quezon city to Makati city 5 days a week ��

    And its super struggle for my shift start at 7am so i need to leave ng house ng 5am and my out is 4pm and nakakarating ako ng house ng 7pm ��

    The thought that youve been holding reminds me of my purpose why He called me here, and at the same time the right motivation of my heart why Im working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alam mo naremind ako what it means when you deny yourself. We dont do what we want. We obey what He wants. And I think that is what Jesus means when He say "if you want to follow me, deny yourself and take up your cross DAILY" :)

      Delete

@calligrafreeze

Follow Me

My Instagram