Monday, May 11, 2020

ECCLESIASTES 3:10-13, The present is a gift



I have seen the burden God has placed on us all.
Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can.
And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God.
- Ecclesiastes 3:10-13, NLT.

This verse was the first featured verse in my first ever blog I wrote for a Christian web page last Feb 2019.
I was a guest blogger back then :)
Here's the LINK if in case you haven't read it.

I have a few things realized after reading the article again.

It amazes me how the LORD met me where I am at that moment.
He may not answer my prayer in the way I wanted but He comforted me.
He definitely knew my hurts and disappointments.
Well, God doesn't owe me any explanation because He is God.

But because He loves me, He made me understand that while I cannot fully understand what He's doing, I have many reasons to be joyful.
So I must enjoy whatever I have on my hand and to whatever situation I'm in.
This is the best thing I can do - appreciating all that He has given me.
Because those things are His gifts - a  picture of His grace.

GRACE. Yes, grace.
I cannot fully understand what grace is before until I get to know Jesus personally.
We have three things to define first to understand this.

1. JUDGMENT - You do me wrong, You deserved penalty, You get it.
2. MERCY -  You do me wrong, You deserved penalty, but You did not get it because I pity You.
3. GRACE - You do me wrong, You deserved penalty, but You did not get it - instead I forgave you and loved you. I became your friend and I'm even ready to die for you.

God showed us the third one (Ephesians 2:8-9, John 10:10-11)
God hates sin which made us His enemy as the bible tells us (Romans 5:10).
We have offended Him greatly when we had chosen to follow our own way (Isaiah 53:6)

Jesus has given me so much.
He could have just shown me mercy.
No need for a connection at all.
After saving me, He could just have left me alone and forget about me - yet He did not.

I am eternally grateful to Him not just for saving me from the penalty of my sins (Romans 6:23) but also for choosing to love the unlovable me (Romans 5:8).

There might be times where I am so overwhelmed with my difficulties and heartaches that I tend to forget all of His goodness.
Yet despite the pains, I am not doomed to despairs.
My hope is anchored on His promises and though waiting is difficult - I believe it is worthy in the end.
Because when He says "No", all I have to do is to be content for the moment for when He takes away something, He has something better in return :)
I need not to worry because my God is always bigger than what I see in this world.

That's why I admire Paul when he said in Philippians 4:12 that he has learned to be contented in whatever circumstance he is in.
And like him, I am learning it too.
I'm learning to appreciate the simple things in my life right now.
From pizza delivery at home to movie marathons with my family.
From baking sessions to eating snacks together.
From craving ice cream to actually having it and until we crave again.
And many more stories.
More than cooking and baking, calligraphy techniques, and food aesthetic, God has taught me that even though life didn't turn out the way I expected or planned it - I can always be joyful and thankful.
I have always something to learn along the way.

I'm writing this to remind myself personally that in the beginning, God has always been so good to me.
Enjoying all He has given me is a form of worship - a thankfulness that I can offer to Him because I owe it to my Savior to be joyful every moment of my life.

2 comments:

@calligrafreeze

Follow Me

My Instagram