Saturday, August 10, 2019

PHILIPPIANS 2:13, My stubborn feelings



Have you ever felt that you are about to fail God?
For me, Yes and I don't know how God made me follow Him.
How amazing it is that He can really manage my feelings.
In His Sovereignty, He made it possible for me to obey what pleases Him.

I thought that my will of disobeying the Lord is too strong that no one can stop me.
I felt hardened and calloused and I am afraid to bear the consequence of it - but as He is faithful, He protected me. Yes, I know He kept on protecting me. He has made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping.

The question is why?
God could allow me to be disobedient and suffer the pain of it after all.
He could have me lost again and forget about me because I'm stubborn.
God could give up on me anytime He wanted - but He did not.

In 1 Peter 1:4-5, Apostle Peter mentioned that we have a priceless inheritance that is kept in heaven and God is protecting us by His power until we receive this.
A Psalmist also helps me realized the reality that it is not because of me why I'm staying where God has called me. Psalm 37:24 says Though I may stumble, I will never fall because God holds me by the hand.
Indeed, what the Apostle Paul said in Romans 8:28-30 is also true that those He predestined, He will not fail to call, those He called, He will not fail to justify and those He justified, He will not fail to glorify.

I know I am not the one who chose God. I left His path and chose my own, but God seeks me and found me.
Now, in faith, I believe that in the light of His promises, He will keep on protecting me until the day of my glorification.

No comments:

Post a Comment

@calligrafreeze

Follow Me

My Instagram