Saturday, August 17, 2019

DEUTERONOMY 23:6, True Peace



Have you ever felt stressed because you know the Lord is not approving of your plans?
In fact, He has been telling you to do the exact opposite of it.

In my case, I have been telling the Lord that I want to quit my current job and find another since almost all of them are leaving.
Knowing that the Lord is not allowing me, His words became a burden and not encouraging for me at all.

A friend shared a quote with me one day, it says, "Find a good boss, not a good company." I said to myself "Wow, that's comforting."
I shared this quote with my accountability partner and she replied that it was a very worldly comfort.
I agreed in my heart that she was right, but what would I do? I liked it.
I liked the fact that the world is supporting me.
I was so sad because I knew my heart is not right.
I asked God to change me even though what I really wanted is Him to change His mind.

The next morning, as the Lord is always Faithful and Sovereign, spoke to me in Deuteronomy 23:6, it says, "You shall never seek their peace or their prosperity all your days."

Moses is reminding the Israelites that when they entered the Promise Land, they should never seek the peace and prosperity of the nations that surround them specifically the Ammonites and Moabites.

As citizens of heaven, we are not to look for the peace that this world could offer because they will never be reliable.
Peace and prosperity is not the absence of troubles and difficulties but the very presence of God in the midst of it all.
Jesus said in John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give it to you.

I don't know what happened but my heart suddenly changed. His faithfulness is truly my relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment

@calligrafreeze

Follow Me

My Instagram