Monday, August 5, 2019

LUKE 22:7-13, The Upper Room

This is our discipleship group, "ChooseDgroup" as we called it :)

I always love to hear stories of God's words coming to life.
I anticipate this kind of conversation especially in the presence of His faithful people.

So when I and my discipleship group agreed to have this one-day extended fellowship as weekly fellowship is time constraints, I was so excited about it.

I was thinking of a nice place outside the metro - maybe Hidden Valley in Laguna or somewhere in Tagaytay to make it more special.

Days passed and it seems that the Lord has another plan.
First, we had a problem with our transportation which took the possibility of going south.
Then, the schedule of some ladies seems to change a few days before our fellowship.

Thankfully, God encouraged me in a story from Luke 22:7-13 (NASB).

Then came the first day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed.
And Jesus sent Peter and John, saying,
“Go and prepare the Passover for us, so that we may eat it.”
They said to Him,
“Where do You want us to prepare it?”
And He said to them,
“When you have entered the city, a man will meet you carrying a pitcher of water; follow him into the house that he enters. And you shall say to the owner of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, “Where is the guest room in which I may eat the Passover with My disciples?”’And he will show you a large, furnished upper room; prepare it there.”


So how did it speak to me?
First, He allowed us to go because He has a place prepared for us - our own "Upper Room". I need not worry where we will go for He Himself had already prepared it.

Our own "Upper Room"

Second, "The man carrying a pitcher of water"
Did you know that in the old testament or new testament time, it is a woman who usually carries a pitcher of water? Rebecca at the well, Rachel at the well, Ziphora at the well or even the Samaritan woman in John 4.
A man carrying a pitcher of water is so rare as men do not do household chores such as that, yet the Lord drives this man's action just to fulfill His word to His disciples that someone will lead them to their Upper Room.
It reminded me of the Sovereignty of the Lord that whatever the ladies plan to do, He will drive every action just to make the fellowship possible.

My very own "women with pitcher of water" :)

Last point.
In this setting, the Festival of Unleavened Bread which also called as Passover arrived. There was a requirement that no leaven be eaten during the entire week as they remember their flight from Egypt.
For 7 days, Jews are called to abstain from leaven as their own personal sacrifice.
And so, I have decided to have a personal conscious effort of abstaining from my leaven - the social media for a week.

This is nothing compared to the sacrifice made by Christ as our Passover lamb. Having been justified by what He has done, we seek to sanctified unto Him.

All praise and thanksgiving to the LORD for making this fellowship possible.

2 comments:

  1. That day was truly a blessing! Thanks for sharing with us God's faithfulness, Sam. <3

    ReplyDelete

@calligrafreeze

Follow Me

My Instagram