Saturday, November 16, 2019

PHILIPPIANS 3:7-9A: If only I could turn back time


In my last blog entry, I shared about my struggle at work.
Now let me share to you how the Lord drive my actions just to be where I am right now :)

There was this one company I've been wanting to work for since the day I began studying engineering.

I took up Bachelor in Science in Instrumentation and Control Engineering even though I didn't fully understand what ICE is all about.

It was my father's dream for me to be an engineer and to work there.
Since I trusted and love him, I wanted to achieve it for him.

I didn't know any company aside from it nor interested in any.
From day one of my class - working there is my end goal.

When I reached my 4th-year college, our class got the chance to visit that company and see what are they doing in reality.

I don't know but when I came there it feels that it wasn't the job that I'm expecting - the one I wanted.
It felt my long-time dream wasn't really my dream after all.

In our 5th-year, internship came and I'm still not decided yet if I will apply to them or not - until I lost the chance to work at my so-called "dream company".

When I started passing my resume, the first one who invited me for an interview was also the first one who called me back and accepted me to be their intern.

I was got absorbed and proceed to work for them. 🙂

Life has "what ifs"
For me, one is "what if I'm working at my dream company now?"

Maybe, I'm earning big now.
I have bigger savings and I could give more to my family.
I might also have traveled to Europe or America and more countries.
I might be a little closer to the world because I'm able to reach many of them
- yet one thing I will miss...

Did you know that right here, my life became meaningful?
Here, I met good people and here, I met the Lord.
Here, I found new relationships - and my favorite is with Jesus.
Here, I learned many things - and the greatest is the one I learned from Him.

I strongly believe that blessings are not about the place.
Wherever I am, if God wants to bless me, He can and He will.
It is not the place who gives me the blessing.
It is God and where He is.
If He is with you in that place - for you in that circumstance - and in you at that moment, then that place is all good and perfect.
God, Himself is the ultimate blessing.

I remembered this verse from Mark 8:36
For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?

I might have achieved all those things but without Him - it is nothing compared to the surpassing value of knowing Jesus Christ.
The things I gain right here have become my treasure and they are far more worthy than any silver or gold, rubies or any gems stone I could name of.

I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake, I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him.
- Philippians 3:7-9a (NLT)

God has blessed me with things more than I could think of.

Jesus has given me purpose and meaning beyond I could ever imagine.

So if I could turn back time, I would still choose where I am right now.

2 comments:

@calligrafreeze

Follow Me

My Instagram